Thursday, March 23, 2017

Operator, Well Could You Help me Make this Call?

Remember these old pay phones. Remember in the old black and white movies when big news was made, all the news reporters made a mad dash to the nearest pay phone. There were usually a dozen or so pay phones in the nearest hallway.

They hardly have any use anymore because most people nowadays have cell phones with them everywhere they go. Most of the places that had them before have had them removed or the pay phones were destroyed by vandals.

I was pleasantly surprised when I drove up to this one, lifted the receiver and “baaaaaah,” I hear a dial tone. So there is still a phone available to anyone else out there who doesn’t carry a mobile. It will cost you some change but you should be able to use it to call anyone you wish. That’s what I call retro-progress!

God tells us that there is a line that is always open to him too.

For thus says the LORD: After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.  Jeremiah 29.10-14

God is telling his chosen nation that he still loves them, has a good plan for them and will restore them to their land.

Because God loves you and has a perfect plan for your life as he did Israel of old he is saying “Call upon me… pray to me and I will listen." If you seek him with all your heart, you will find him.

And it won’t cost you a dime.


No comments:

Post a Comment